Thursday, October 11, 2007

出手太重-黎升铭

Industrial training starts next week. Final year projects starts in 3 months more. Then it will be my graduation before long. Everything will come and go before I even know it. It's going to be a hectic year ahead. What is past is past. Someone keep on reminding this to me recently. The most important thing is to look in front. Preparation for the future is in the way. And I hope this time, it's going to bring the sakura petals with the summer breeze. To me, everything is still in a mess even though the road taken is quite clear. Cause it's still not as orderly as I want it to be. Though I understand that, not everything is within our grasp. Try as I might, but it's still going to be a lot for me to learn still. Sometimes I just hope that I can pack everything into my mind as fast as possible so that I can learn more, but even the fastest computer in the world has a limit to it. Seems like I'll just have to bear with the limit or should I say the disabilities in me and just deal with whatever that comes in the way. Shouldn't ponder too much into the future or dwell too much in the past. Worrying should be done when the time require me to do so and regrets are things that should be kept behind and in a box thrown far away. Time is of the essence and the present is enough trouble as it is.
To be with a companion for long does not mean that you will know the other person inside out. People change as time goes, and you'll realize that the person you once knew is not the one you know now. Sometimes, it's the complete opposite. We often have this thought once we stay long enough, the person's inside out is known to us. And the database is going to be forever imprinted in the brain, and updating is out of the question. What we should realize is that changing is due to times of compromising, and the ever changing environment. So, what if suddenly we find the other person has changed a lot and we only took realization when it's often too late?
We're going to tell ourselves that the person is no more the same and that love was with the old person instead of the new one. Separation is for sure in the end. Once a while, why not sit back and ponder, whether it is we that have changed or them? And take a new stand to understand the other person again? A tedious task nonetheless, but renew the commitment that would have otherwise gone stale. Small gestures took a long way to be realized, and it is these small gestures that will make us fall all over in love again with the same person. Physical and emotional appearance might change, but it is the whole of them that you once fall in love with, not the superficials...

No comments: